[CQ-Contest] Get out of jail free card

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Tue Mar 11 22:56:25 EDT 2008

> Therefore I would propose that all CW (and SSB) contests
> include prohibitions against any form of artificial CW (or
> voice) detection and copying.

Unfortunately, that horse is not only out of the barn but out
of the pasture and already half-way to town.  Writelog has
included multiple signal CW decoding for 10 (?) years or more.
There are a very large number of ("out of the money") contesters
using either Writelog's CW decoding feature or using other CW
reader software (CW Get and MixW both come to mind) along side
their other contest software.