[CQ-Contest] Move WPX Back to 30 Hours?

Larry K4AB k4ab at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 19:08:56 EDT 2008

It's been a few years since this topic has been breached, but with the start of the new sunspot cycle, a fresh beginning, I fell it's time to open the discussion again.

Isn't now a perfect time to return to 30 hours for the WPX events?  Some newcomers may not remember, but the CQ WPX contests were, at one time, a 30 out of 48 hour contest.

It was unique, fun, and the added off-time strategy made it even more fun.  Not that  it is no fun now, but going back to 30 hours would make it even more fun.

And dare I say, make it more competitive....ESPECIALLY for the west coast.   As K5ZD once said the secret to winning the WPX is: (paraphrasing)

A) Run Europe
B) Run Lots of Europe
C) See above

Hard to do from W6.