[CQ-Contest] WPXSSB More 30 hour NONSENSE

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Sat Mar 22 17:04:23 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 03:42:15PM -0500, Robert Shohet wrote:

> "Can we have a show of hands for those contesters who feel that
> taking off-time in a contest is MORE fun than working guys?"

Frankly, you do not need a contest just to "work guys".  Just get
on the air with a big station and you will get answers as long as
you want: 24/7.  What is unique about contesting is that it is a
competition.  The competition is more than just mindlessly
"working guys".  If having more off time makes the competition
better, then yes - taking more off-time can make the contest more
fun.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com