[CQ-Contest] Expansion of Skimmer Subject

Stan Stockton k5go at cox.net
Sun Mar 23 11:18:44 EDT 2008

Joe,

Everyone has an opinion.  Mine is that I would rather see
CW Contesting stay like it is for another ten years and then
DIE than have it change to a fully automated mode in two years
so the only possibility of winning would be for you to
have an automated QSO machine.

What would be the purpose of CW remaining as a contest
mode of operation if it became automated.  Why not just
abolish CW Contesting ASAP since RTTY is farther advanced
in terms of automation.  It is fine for casual contest operators
to use a code reader and have some fun.  I am not proposing
that it be "illegal" to use a code reader, only to make it against
the rules of the contest for the purpose of eliminating the
automated QSO machine.

Speaking of automation, my viewpoint comes
from someone who has spent forty years working CW.
After a few minutes of puzzled research it appears
your viewpoint comes from someone who sells
equipment and software to automate the process.

73...Stan, K5GO