[CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges

Alan Leith aleith at syd.eastlink.ca
Sun Mar 30 20:54:27 EDT 2008

I have to tell you, Dick, that I have never had a problem giving a 59 report
in a contest.  And while I agree that it is boring and quite unnecessary, a
signal report preceding the serial number (whatever it might be) is required
in most contest rules, WPX being one of them.  When the rules are changed,
I'll follow the rules.  And what happens if I decide to send in a check log
and the organizers don't find me in your log?  I'm not sure this is
analogous, but what if a cop gives you a ticket for speeding but doesn't
tell you how fast you were going?  I'm sure you get the idea.

73

Al, VE1AL