[CQ-Contest] 7QP - Identifying in the contest when you don't have a 7-land call?

Matt Clauson N0QXW n0qxw at n0qxw.net
Fri May 2 17:21:00 EDT 2008

Ok, gang.  Living in Montana (home of the sparse population!) I'm going
to be lighting up Garfield County, Montana for 7QP this year.  However,
I rejoice in having a 0 in my (originally issued!  natch) call.  So some
people may skip over a station calling "CQ 7QP, this is N0QXW" -- even
when I might provide a needed multiplier.

My question:  How best to identify myself, as to attract contacts.
Additionally, how should I submit the log?

I'm considering IDing as "N0QXW portable 7" on phone, and "N0QXW/7" on
CW.  Might be a little long, but might be the only way.  However, in the
logs, do I submit as N0QXW, or N0QXW/7 -- and what if I slip, or someone
mis-copies the call and puts it in their log as N0QXW?  I note it's not
like I'm in the bottom of the band signing /AE, y'know?

Comments and opinions appreciated, and I'll see you all during 7QP tomorrow!

--mec