[CQ-Contest] WPX SN...has to be a better way!

B. Scott Andersen bsandersen at mac.com
Tue May 27 20:22:57 EDT 2008

I actually did that this weekend. My SN "222" was not being received
well by the other fellow
so I sent "two two two". That was met with dead silence for a few
seconds followed by "NR?".
I agree: that should work. But, when guys are expecting digits (and I
mean _really_ expecting
digits!) the receipt of letters seems to confuse the daylights out of
them. Or my signal was
just that weak...

By the way, he did get the "222" eventually and it was a good QSO (and
a Mult, I believe).

-- Scott (NE1RD)

David Robbins K1TTT said:

Use the technique we used to use in the navy for messages that had to be
received perfectly, spell out the numbers. "one two three four" gives
you
plenty of time to copy each digit, and even if you miss a letter or
two you can often get it right.

B. Scott Andersen           | "Magic is real, unless declared integer."
bsandersen -atsign- mac.com | -- The collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt
Acton, MA (NE1RD)           | http://www.bsandersen.com