[CQ-Contest] CQ WW 2007 Corrected Certificates may need corrections.

Barry Merrill w5gn at mxg.com
Sun Nov 9 17:49:04 EST 2008

The CQ WW 2007 CW and SSB certificates that were mailed in Sept (SSB)
and Oct (CW) for the Single Operator, Assisted, and QRP Categories
were all missing the (OP:CALL) text for those stations that had
a different operator callsign than the station callsign that was used.

This error was recently reported, and there were 385 certificates
that were corrected by the addition of the (OP:CALL) text, and they
were mailed at the end of October.

Unfortunately, I screwed up when I added the OPERATOR field.

About 300 of those corrected certificates were printed with an
INCORRECT citation for their World, Continent, Country etc Ranking.

THERE WERE NO CHANGES IN ANY SCORES NOR IN ANY RANKINGS.

THE PRINTED RANKINGS ON THE ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE ARE STILL CORRECT.

When I added the OPERATOR field, I unintentionally re-ranked,
but only re-ranked the 385 stations with an OPERATOR field,
so the call was corrected, but the rankings might be wrong.

If you were #2 WORLD, but the station who beat you did NOT have an
OPERATOR field, your ranking was INCORRECTLY reprinted as #1 WORLD.
All errors ranked higher, none ranked lower.

In December, after CQ WW CW, I will correct the corrected certificates
and resend those that had incorrect rankings.

73

Barry, W5GN.

P.S.  The most time consuming part of our work in mailing certificates
      is the restructuring of the ADDRESS text in your Cabrillo log:
      -  breaking the long address lines into multiple, shorter lines,
         relocating City State, and Postal Code to a single line,
         making it the penultimate address line,
      -  and, especially, the manual addition, in CAPITAL LETTERS,
         of your COUNTRY as the last line of the mailing ADDRESS.

      Your assistance is solicited, now that you know what we need.

      The addresses are printed directly on the envelope, so there is no
      need to squeeze your address into 3-lines-for-labels.
      Please structure your address to be vertical,
      in more rather than fewer lines, and with
      COUNTRY in CAPITAL LETTERS as the last line.