[CQ-Contest] European sigs to W9

Bill Parry bparry at rgv.rr.com
Mon Oct 27 10:59:24 EDT 2008

I don't think this one is much different than the last couple of sunspot
minimums. I can remember long periods of "dead conditions" on 10 and 15
being "unpleasant". We had our normal over the pole action into zone 17-18
during the summer on 20. I have been a little surprised to see that the low
bands aren't a little better. 80 and 160 are still noisy and the 40 hasn't
seemed to have picked up for the winter yet - signals are weak.  It is hard
for me to compare the low bands because this is my first experience with
spending much time there.

During the last minimum many said that the SFI need to hit 100 for 10M to
open, so we have a ways to go yet. I think we still have to wait a year of
so for something to get started.  Fortunately the rise is faster than the
fall!

Bill W5VX