[CQ-Contest] Multiple entries

Jukka Klemola jukka.klemola at elisanet.fi
Wed Sep 3 02:12:15 EDT 2008

>I am curious why the rules (at least for CQ WW) forbid entry in more
than
>one category. In the case that Mal mentioned where someone operated on
>10 and 80 meters, I don't understand why submission as two single-band
>entries is disallowed.  At least for electronic logs, the work for the
>log checkers would not seem to be substantially increased.

>if I submitted multiple entries I would just
>lose more times.
>
>73 Kevin w9cf

On the plus side vs. a real/traditional single band:
You gain a better visibility to callsign offering
Also you gain on the knowledge of the multiplier offering.
Stretching the moral side a little:
You have a opportunity of making skeds for the other band ...
Even for multipliers.

Usually people realise only the last one as a forbidden fruit.

A person being a true-single band contester would be seriously
handicapped to a person operating two single bands.

Me reviewing your statement about loosing time:
A SO2R station operating two bands by one operator would not loose time.
At least not here in Finland, where the only PileUp we get is a
magazine.

My conclusion:
There are things to gain from participating in two single bands, thus I
support disallowing two single bands per a person.
Disallowing for a station .. I would like to trust the people not to
share the logs or parts of logs during the contests for gaining
knowledge of callsigns and mults in a contest.
But I have heard a single band station move a multiplier for the other
person/station in the same building operating another single band.
The people involved simply saw nothing unethical about their actions.

That is, if a contest sponsor trusts people are honest in their single
operations, being truly single operators, then allowing for a station
could be.
Not really for a single person.
That would not keep the playing field even for the true single banders.

73,
Jukka OH6LI