[CQ-Contest] KH6 is a Mult but not a Mult

KL7RA kl7ra at ptialaska.net
Sun Sep 14 20:52:39 EDT 2008

>I lifted this query from Dick, KH7XS's 3830 post,
Bltzzz - busted name, it is Bill. Lose one additional Q.

>Umh, perhaps a former regime in Alaska used a Contest 'Lobbyist' when the
>Sprint rules were written?
My guess is KL7 is a mult because it is in, "drum roll!",  North America.
(I know, I know, it is down beside KH6 on most U.S. maps or left off entirely.)
KH6 is not a mult for the same reason KH(x) isn't, that is not in North America.
If they added KH6 it would be the North American and Hawaii sprint.

>Alaska is the closest U.S. State to Russia, BTW).
Only two and a half miles in some places which might explain why UA0's
are 40 over here on 80/160.

> Trustee, KL8C (Last Frontier Contest Club --- in ALASKA)
Which is the real reason I really posted this Mr. Locus. - It is our humble opinion
KL8C in Ketchikan and their bridge to nowhere should not be considered a KL7
but a W7 in domestic contests. At least on even days.

73 Rich  KL7RA  real Alaskan and strong supporter that KH6 be a mult as they
are easy for us to work and we can use the one mult edge over W1's in the Sprint.