[CQ-Contest] KH6 is a Mult but not a Mult

Ed Muns w0yk at msn.com
Sun Sep 14 23:17:23 EDT 2008

> I lifted this query from Dick, KH7XS's 3830 post (hope ya
> don't mind, Dick):

BZZZZ!  Busted name ... you lose the post and get a penalty no more posting
for three years.

> >Question: If the NA QSO Party counts KH6 as a mult, how come the NA
> >Sprint
>
> >doesn't count KH6 as a mult?  Both should either count it, or neither
> should.
>
> >Common sense.

Common sense is to leave contest rules alone after significant history
exists, which it does on both NAQP and Sprint.  And, then, what about KH2
and other entities "out there" with KH6?

> I agree. Definitely 'Common Sense', Dick.  I'd also like to
> know why KL7 counts and KH6 doesn't, because they are BOTH
> legitimate 'States' (Alaska is the closest U.S. State to Russia, BTW).
>

> Umh, perhaps a former regime in Alaska used a Contest
> 'Lobbyist' when the Sprint rules were written?  :^)

No, it just so happens that Alaska is in North America.  Get it ... NORTH
AMERICAN Sprint and NORTH AMERICAN QSO Party?

73,
Ed - W0YK