[CQ-Contest] Texas QSO Party Next Weekend

Chuck-NO5W no5w at consolidated.net
Mon Sep 22 09:01:48 EDT 2008

Hi All --

Here at the NO5W QTH the roof's been patched from it's Ike-encounter,
the big oak that fell in the back yard is well on its way to being
firewood, and my driver says if I patch the hole in our bedroom ceiling
we'll be good to go for next weekend's Texas QSO Party. Patch work is
underway.

Thanks to the flexibility of several mobiles we've probably got a more
efficient mobile plan this year than ever in the past with a somewhat
smaller but very enthusiastic group ready to go to cover at least 215 of
the 254 counties. We're anticipating increasing that number by at least
another 10-15 as additional mobiles and fixed stations make their plans
known in the next few days.

You can view a map of the current county coverage and other details
regarding mobile plans by going to the TXQP website
<http://www.txqp.net> and following the Route Plans link. This will take
you to the TXQP Route Plans
<http://www.no5w.com/TQP2008_RoutePlans.html> page where there are
several links to other route information both for individual mobiles and
total county coverage.

Full details on the Texas QSO Party are at the TXQP website
<http://www.txqp.net> The session times are 1400Z-0200Z Sept 27-28 and
1400Z-2000Z Sept 28.

Additional background info from several of the players is available on
the excellent NS3T radiosport website
<http://www.radio-sport.net/txqp08_pre.htm>.

73 es hope you're able to play in TXQP-2008,

Chuck/NO5W
Texas QSO Party Coordinator