[CQ-Contest] ETHICS

Sandy Taylor ve4xt at mts.net
Thu Apr 2 15:12:27 PDT 2009

The problem becomes, however, when it's not clear cut: I am absolutely NOT
going to interrogate any US ham that calls me between 14150 and 14200 to be
sure they are extra class. Nor am I going to study the regulations of every
other country to police those calling me to make sure they are operating
within their specified bands. That's their problem.

However, when it is obvious -- when any mainland U.S. ham calls below 14150,
or calls on my 40m RX frequency -- I will suggest they are out of band. But
if they persist in working me, they go in the log.

I think that's a reasonable compromise.

73,Kelly
Ve4xt