[CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?

David J. Sourdis - HK1A hk1kxa at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 9 17:30:15 PST 2009

During solar minimums the difference is made on the low bands and longer winter nights help the northernmost station on this. I worked 25 hours last WW CW on 40m SB, some guys up there in the high latitudes did way over 40 hours. This is another factor for the equation.

David
HK1A
EC5KXA
ex-HK1KXA

> Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 18:31:02 -0600
> From: david.kopacz at aspwebhosting.com
> To: cq-contest at contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?
>
> I believe you may be overlooking that distance is not always a
> disadvantage.
>
> The extra 2000 miles is most likely an advantage on some bands. When
> skip is long, being close is not an advantege, I can asure you of that
> from experience when competing with PJ2T from 6Y1V.
>
> I suspect that the multiplier difference wasn't made solely from
> "closer" European contacts either.
>
> David ~ KY1V

Keep your friends updated— even when you’re not signed in.