[CQ-Contest] WARC band contest

Tree tree at kkn.net
Fri Feb 6 12:07:38 EST 2009

Tack writes:

> Does anyone know the exact reason why WARC band contest have been
> prohibited or not planned.

I think that there are a couple of reasons why there hasn't been a push for
including the WARC bands in contests.

Most station owners who have invested lots of $$$ aren't intereted in
having to add three more bands to their antenna arsenal.

Also - I think many of us like having the WARC bands contest free so that
we have a good answer the question: "when the band gets taken over by
contests, where can I go to avoid the contest?".

Contesting is something that many hams find annoying.  I think it is a
good PR move for contesting to leave some places untouched.

73 Tree

PS: The CW Sprint is TOMORROW!!  Are you ready?