[CQ-Contest] CQWW CW & 6Y1V Logs

kr2q at optimum.net kr2q at optimum.net
Fri Jan 30 06:34:14 EST 2009

Dave:

I fully support your right to not submit your log.

I have just reread the CQWW Rules and I do not see any explanation of "why" the logs
are made public, so I have to wonder where you got your information about "quelling" fear
of cheating or that public logs had anything at all do with "cheating."  I am not being
rhetorical, I would genuinely like to know the source.

And reading your memo, one might conclude that you didn't know that this policy existed
prior to the 2008 CQWW.  This was not a new policy for 2008; logs have been previously
made public and has been so stated in the previous CQWW Rules.

Again, it is your right to not submit the 6Y1V log and I will never challenge you on that right.

de Doug KR2Q