[CQ-Contest] what procedure to do for M/S violations

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Jul 28 06:07:43 PDT 2009

It may be a rash assumption on my part, but wouldn't the CQWW Committee
have corresponded with the stations that were at risk of being DQ'd,
before doing so.  That seems particularly relevant in this case, where
the consequences of DQ were so severe.  I can't help wondering if maybe
the people who were DQ'd denied having rubber-clocked when confronted,
hence the tough treatment.

 From another angle, it is my impression, based on some personal
experience, that rubber-clocking at multi-singles and multi-2s is very
common.  Since recording technology now exists to capture entire bands
for the entire duration of a contest, perhaps that, combined with the
object lesson provided in this case, will lead to a little more
seriousness about following the rules.

73, Pete N4ZR
New Articles Daily - the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com