[CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA

LY8O ly8o at ot.lt
Thu Jul 30 00:28:40 PDT 2009

In the WAE DC rules is still clearly printed:
***According to IARU Region I regulations, operation is not allowed  in the following contest-free windows:
New!CW : 3560-3800; 7025-7200; 14060-14350 kHz***
Is there any space for a human interpretation according 40m operation? I think not. And if we accept this as a recommendation only - contest commettee will have a right to count it as a violation of the rules.
***9 Disqualification
Violation of the rules of the contest or unsportsmanlike conduct will be deemed sufficient cause for disqualification. The decisions of the contest-committee are final.***
That is the situation today. And I undestand taht DARC is inbetween of the two fires - IARU regulations from one side and Amateur Society from the other. Guys, sorry for that...

73, Remi LY8O

DJ1YFK wrote:
As others have noticed, indeed common sense would dictate to simply
stick to the IARU bandplan and change the wording of the rules
accordingly. Make it a recommendation not a restriction.
7000kHz-7025kHz is "contest preferred". Period.