[CQ-Contest] Putting the spoon into the pot: WPX - who is on first?

Prasad vu2ptt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 07:11:59 PST 2009

KR2Q said:

<snip>
I know lots of folks who feel "who am I to sponsor a trophy for the
winner...I'm just Joe Ham?"  Or more likely, "All the awards are already
sponsored" (far from the truth).
</snip>

How about some award sponsors for parts of the world which have
practically none at all (most of Asia, Africa?), but still turn up for
contests to hand out multipliers like in the recent ARRL DX, 'coz they
never have a chance to win on the world platform due to their location
:)

73 de Prasad VU2PTT.