[CQ-Contest] [RTTY] I just have to ask

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Sat Mar 7 09:37:49 PST 2009

My problem has been the emails received where the beacon people would like
me to believe those frequencies are theirs which is not correct.  They have
no more right to use a frequency than any other licensed operator.

14100.00 nor any other frequency used by the beacon network is protected.
If the FCC would like to step in and create protected frequencies great.
That has not happened.

When a group tries to take a frequency and tells me I can't use it or a kc
on either side then we  have a problem.  The beacons don't ever own the
frequency.  They use a very finite band segment for automated hf operations.
They are a shared user just like the rest of us.  QRM happens to all of us.

never get over." Ben Franklin