[CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest Log Checking

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Tue Mar 10 13:46:23 PDT 2009

Dave,

I understand your point and Randy's.  I think what he is trying to say that
if one is not going make great effort to get the information correct then
don't submit a log as  the lack of effort will damage true competitors
needlessly.

All one needs to do is looks at UBN reports for an SS contest or any for
that matter to see that there are a bunch of people that just don't listen
or are not very competent.  I have not operated SS from Montana since 2004
with my call and 20 or more people had my section as MT when I was in
Colorado.

If part of the exchange is not to send what was sent then don't penalize
people for someone else's mistakes.  How could I possibly know what was
copied on the other side?

Their contest their rules but this rule doesn't seem to encourage
participation IMHO.

I don't normally get on for this but this rule would certainly point me to
other endeavors for that 24 hour period.

never get over." Ben Franklin