[CQ-Contest] [RTTY] Sprint Rules Question

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Sat Mar 14 13:01:05 PDT 2009

While dueling CQ's is fine.  I think it is contrary to the intent of the
rules.  I think you should not be allowed to make same band contacts on the
same frequency just because you made one on in between on another band.
This does allow you to "run" which is not what the sprint is about.

Sprint is about moving.  There is nothing moving in a SO2R setup that is
just running dueling cq's as long as they are able to hold both frequencies.

If you call cq on 7075 and make a contact your next 40m cq should be 5 kc's
away from 7075 or 1 kc if you S&P someone.  Alternating from one or two or
even 3 bands in this day and age is nothing.  It allows stations to run when
the entire concept of the Sprint was to eliminate this.

How do others feel about this?

Mike W0MU

never get over." Ben Franklin