[CQ-Contest] WPX Off-Times Can't be assumed!

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Tue Mar 17 06:55:00 PDT 2009

You can skip as much time as you want at the beginning.  That time is not
counted toward off time.

For example:

You get home late and start at 0400, instead of 0000z.  You still have 36
hours of operating time left.  In this case you would only have to take 8
hours of off time.

You do not necessarily have to take 12 hours of off time.  You can start
late and go for 36 hours and be finished.  You can start at the beginning
and go for 36 straight if you want or you can take off times greater than 1
hour until your 36 hours is used up.

If you start at 0000z you will then need to take 12 hours off.

Mike W0MU

CC Packet Cluster W0MU-1
W0MU.NET or  67.40.148.194

never get over." Ben Franklin