[CQ-Contest] ETHICS

VK4TI vk4ti at wia.org.au
Mon Mar 30 15:19:35 PDT 2009

During the WPX SSB on forty metres I noticed getting through the european wall was tough from VK...tuning across the band I came across a very strong EU station calling CQ contest for him and an antipodean station (someone downunder) ie CQ CONTEST XX1XX and ZZ1ZZ on the same frequency.....basically operating as a way of opening the band for the other station.....so basically as a team they channeled contacts from either end to each other...

is this in the spirit of the contest or in fact contesting in general..?

Essentially we could setup a remote station in the US EU ASIA and chanel contacts to our main station...or is that already going on and deemed OK..

Trent VK4TI