[CQ-Contest] Callsign "appendages" in QSO party logs

James Cain jamesdavidcain at gmail.com
Sat May 2 03:38:06 PDT 2009

K0HB said: "'Way-back-when' FCC required such appendages.  Old habits die
hard.  Humor us.  A lot of us are enjoying our last couple of sunspot
cycles.  We'll be out of your way soon."

Hans, nicely put. I agree with you. I will be signing K1TN/2 this weekend to
indicate right away that I'm not in Newe Englande anymore, Dorothy.

When I was a 14-year-old back in the last millennium my parents and I moved
to a new house about four city blocks from my FCC "station location." For
what seemed like forever I had to sign WA9AUM/9. I thought that was
ridiculous. I've had a problem with Authority ever since. I've been moving
around ever since, too, trying to stay one step ahead of the Thought Police.

George Orwell, K1TN/2
Atlantic City