[CQ-Contest] Mobile operation uploads to LOTW

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Mon May 4 16:40:21 PDT 2009

Someone reported on this list (probably last year) when they questioned the
LoTW desk about this, their suggestion was to upload the log twice, once as
the root CALLSIGN and then as CALLSIGN/M in order to increase the likelihood
of a qso match.

It would seem to me the "standard" should be: If you are operating fixed,
use your root callsign. If you are operating mobile, use the /M designator
to indicate mobile activity. It is also a flag that the county and/or grid
square is most likely something other than your home location.

So with all the authority I have been endowed, I am declaring this to be the
standard.  ;-)

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN