[CQ-Contest] Deleted ARRL sections

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Fri Nov 6 16:25:02 PST 2009

Ummm... no.  Close, but wrong analogy.

Czechoslovakia ceased to exist, as it split into two new countries
(entities).

A better analogy from the DXCC world would be Serbia.  Once upon a time,
that country (entity) was Yugoslavia, but over recent history, various parts
of it have become independent countries (entities), yet the continuity of
the original central government remains.  Even though the country (entity)
renamed it self after a certain point in time, it is still historically the
same entity.

While I don't recall offhand which of the two it is (was), the original
Washington section still exists in terms of continuity, even though it was
renamed when the other section was split off.  If you look back at the old
QST's (wish I still had them), just follow the Section Managers, and you'll
see who was whom.

73