[CQ-Contest] Deleted ARRL sections

Michael Keane K1MK k1mk at alum.mit.edu
Sat Nov 7 07:26:34 PST 2009

On 11/6/2009 7:25 PM, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:
> Ummm... no.  Close, but wrong analogy.
>
> Czechoslovakia ceased to exist, as it split into two new countries
> (entities).

Okay, then how about the the Utah-Wyoming section? If Czechoslovakia
ceased to exist then  Utah-Wyoming must have ceased to exist as a
section when it was split into two new section?

> While I don't recall offhand which of the two it is (was), the original
> Washington section still exists in terms of continuity, even though it was
> renamed when the other section was split off.  If you look back at the old
> QST's (wish I still had them), just follow the Section Managers, and you'll
> see who was whom.

According to that argument, Czechoslovakia would not have been a deleted
entity as it would  still exists in terms of continuity since Vaslev
Havel was the president of Czechoslovakia before the velet revolution
and the president of the Czech Republic after!

73,
Mike K1MK