[CQ-Contest] Cut numbers in SSCW

Jim Roller n4ir at charter.net
Tue Nov 10 06:32:59 PST 2009

Chuck, I agree. SS is no place for cut numbers. How much time do you
"save" vs. the requests for fills? Then there are the ops who send the
call sign in the exchange at 75+ wpm. Whether running or S&Ping, I use
that to verify the call sign. It keeps the busted calls number down.
Again, how much time do you "save"? Unless you are running at the
maximum rate for the entire contest, the tenths of a second saved will
be offset  by those unanswered CQs and the Sunday afternoon turtle paced
rates. Then there were a very few (thank goodness) who made up their own
rules and did not send their call as part of the exchange, but I won't
go there.

Just my opinion...that and $1.25 will get you a cup of coffee some places.

73,

Jim, N4IR