[CQ-Contest] Cut numbers in SSCW

Jon w4zw at comcast.net
Tue Nov 10 12:32:22 PST 2009

Amen!

Nothing gets you like an unexpected cut number or omission or transposition
of the exchange.  My brain gets it, but my fat fingers don't!  Invariably I
mess up the keyboard entry, lose concentration and need a repeat.  What was
with the guys who omit their call in the exchange?  My brain does a check
for that and when it's not there, I'm late inputting the ck and sec.  It's
OK at 25 wpm, but at 30+ wpm, my brain is expecting the proper sequence.

I also intentionally ask for a fill when I get cut numbers in SS.

My 2 cents.

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW

Casey Key Island, Florida
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"

One  guy gave