[CQ-Contest] CK, PR, SEC = same as cut numbers

kr2q at optimum.net kr2q at optimum.net
Tue Nov 10 16:51:15 PST 2009

You guys crack me up.  Every year, "oh no, cut numbers."  I copy whatever is sent my way.

But far worse (IMHO) are those of you who may not "cut your numbers" but cut your words.
I was probably 95% S+P during my short time in the SS and I can tell you that I heard far
more repeats from guys sending CK CK CK or SEC SEC and especially PR or PX or PC.

CLEARLY, there are many "other" ops out there who have no idea what these abbreviations
mean, yet you constantly send them.  I know what they mean and, if you're reading this
here, you probably do too.  But LOTS of folks are clueless.  I mean really, how is a novice
SSer supposed to know what CK or PR means?

I bet that these abbreviations (followed by no answer cuz the other guy was clueless) out-
numbered the "cut numbers" by at least 10:1 - probably more.

I don't see how anyone who sends CK, SEC, PR can complain about the very few times that
"cut numbers" were sent (I never heard any).

What is "obvious" to some, is not to others.  Wish I had buck for every time I heard someone
send PR or CK, only to have to send it again at least two more times.

Is this the pot calling the kettle black?

Think about it.

de Doug KR2Q