[CQ-Contest] SS Musings...

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Thu Nov 12 10:16:22 PST 2009

Yes, I am guilty of this... It happens both directions though. I call CQ at
a slower speed to attract fellows who operate at a lower speed. But
sometimes a station calls me that I *know* can copy at a higher speed. I'll
jump the speed up 4 or 6 wpm for that Q. Likewise when I S&P, I'll hear a
station that I *know* can copy at a higher speed so I'll increase the speed
when I call him/her. Using N1MM Logger, my PageUp / PageDown keys get a real
workout during some CW contests! The other issue is that I don't like a
speed change within the exchange and prefer a steady rate when I receive.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN