[CQ-Contest] Coordinating run and mult transmitters in CQ WW?

Randy Thompson K5ZD k5zd at charter.net
Sat Nov 14 15:00:17 PST 2009

I didn't see any response to this on the reflector.

Your interpretation of item #1 below is correct.  The band change officially
starts with the first QSO on the new band.  This is true for the run station
or the multiplier station.

Item #2 is not.  The CQWW multi-single rule does not limit you to only one
transmitted signal at a time.  The rule is intended to allow a second
transmitter that is working multipliers on a second band completely
independent of the run station.  So the only coordination you need is the
decision of which station is run and which is mult.  Of course, and what
band to be on!

Other contests use different rules for multi-single, so you really have to
read the rules and ask questions in order to know what to do.

Good luck in your multi-single efforts.

Randy, K5ZD