[CQ-Contest] Coordinating run and mult transmitters in CQ WW?

Kristinn Andersen kristinn1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 12:25:11 PST 2009

I have received several responses by direct e-mail, thanks everyone.  Just
to summarize the results:

1. INTERPRETING THE RULES

Yes, my following interpretation is basically correct:
*Once the first QSO has been logged on a band, a run station can not go to
another band until at least 10 minutes have elapsed.  The same holds for a
multiplier station, i.e. once the first (new multiplier) QSO has been
logged, the multiplier station has to stay on that band at least 10 minutes.
*

2. COORDINATING THE TRANSMISSION OF TWO TRANSMITTERS

This was a misunderstanding on my part.  In the Multi-Single category *it IS
OK to have two signals on the air at the same time*, as long as one is a run
station and the other is a multiplier station, with all other conditions
fulfilled (bands, 10-minutes, etc.).  So, while the run station is
continuously calling CQ and working others by the numbers, the multiplier
station can work simultaneously  and independently, as long as it sticks
with:
- working only new multipliers, and not calling CQ
- working on a different band from the run station
- adhering to the 10-minute rule regarding band changes.

73 - Kristinn, TF3KX

--
http://radio.tf3kx.googlepages.com/