[CQ-Contest] the "new" M/S for WPX

W7VJ w7vj at millerisar.com
Tue Nov 17 19:16:14 PST 2009

Ken:

Thank you for the information.  After reading the basis you kindly provided,
I remain unconvinced.

As I read this, the difference then is having an imbalance of 3 single op
categories: SOAB, SOAB/assisted and the new M/S, v. having 3 multi-op
categories: the old M/S, M/2, and M/M - ignoring that Single ops can also do
single band entries.  So if this is an imbalance issue, the decision is to
side on more single op categories on the basis that this will promote more
"opportunity" - whatever that means.

Sorry, despite the benefit of the basis for supporting the change, I remain
unconvinced that there is any factual support for the change.  The comment
regarding the new M/S being analogous to a SOAB/assisted category makes
sense.  That's what this proposes, whether the assistance is electronic or
human, or both.

Andrew
W7VJ