[CQ-Contest] Watch your dits this weekend

Sandy Farley N7RQ n7rq at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 24 05:27:10 PST 2009

Randy & esteemed reflectees;

IMHO the biggest source of busted calls may be erroneous packet spots, clicked on, worked, and recorded without actually listening to what's being sent.  There's no substitute for listening in CW or SSB contests, but it would be nice if the people who have trouble copying calls stopped posting spots.

I've noticed, especially in domestic contests, that the rate of dupes goes way up when someone mis-spots my call.  It's clear from that behavior that many people are simply working the spots, not listening (and I do identify my call regularly).  I've actually moved to another calling frequency a couple of times in the past to avoid this giant waste of time.

That said, it's still fun to listen to EE5E, no matter how it's spotted.

73/88, Sandy N7RQ (aka N7AP, N7AT)
Secretary/Treasurer/Webmistress
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club
http://www.arizonaoutlaws.net