[CQ-Contest] Holding a QRG: ethics vs rules

hankkier at aol.com hankkier at aol.com
Tue Nov 24 07:31:06 PST 2009

Look at the "flip" side of this. Suppose a bigger gun jumps on your run frequency, where you have been running for an hour, and starts calling CQ and running himself...ignoring your "freq is in use" complaint and just blowing you away. certainly not against the rules, but most contesters would say this is very bad operating procedure.

seems to me that any procedure which takes over a frequency to prevent others from using it is bad operating procedure.

I also think this type of assistance from another contester makes both stations multi-op.

Hank  KF2O