[CQ-Contest] Self spotting

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Tue Oct 27 16:55:46 PDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Dale Putnam WC7S
<daleputnam at hotmail.com> wrote:

> If self spotting is bad for contests... then why isn't it bad for daily stuff too?

That's a good question, Dave.  It's no more "encouraged" outside of
contests than during contests.  I see maybe ONE complaint every couple
of days (usually from a European) complaining about someone
self-spotting.  Unless my DX cluster node is filtering out these
self-spots (W0MU or VE7CC running CC Cluster), the problem appears to
be if it's one spot out of hundreds or thousands.  So rare as to be a
non-issue.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us