[CQ-Contest] Need advice re amps/setups for contesting

RT Clay rt_clay at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 29 08:03:54 PDT 2009

On the other hand: even if you are weak, be sure that

a) you are on freq
b) you are sending at "contest" speed, really slow usually won't help.. Exception might be on 160m.

If a weak and slow station calls me far off freq, in certain circumstances I might just ignore the call: if the station is not a mult and the band is very busy. Why? In the process of pulling out a slow, weak, off-freq station I will very likely lose my cq frequency. If I am getting lots of responses to cq's anyway it may be better to just wait for another caller.

Tor
N4OGW