[CQ-Contest] Need advice re amps/setups for contesting

Dale Putnam daleputnam at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 29 09:28:11 PDT 2009

And I would add that for the most part, it is their loss, for example... in sweepstakes, I'll often attempt a call, twice... if they can't answer me.. they don't need me.

I won't wait 4 calls.. the big stations that can't hear me, will find me or not...

This tendency is very very noticable on 160... big tx signal.. no ears... even when running

a very good tx antenna here, and legal limit, and working 5 - 10 stations within 50 miles of a station, and they can't hear me.. with their signal at 20 - 30 over... leaves me to consider not worrying about them having my Q.

  I don't like machine driven cqs, especially during a bathroom break.. just to hold the freq... those ops will find that Qs are then very difficult to make with me later. I move on... quickly.

Establishing a run freq. isn't that hard.. if leaving a bad taste for contesting and contestors is less important than the final score... I'm not sure we are going in the right direction.. because that... that will kill it for us all.

Dale - WC7S in Wy