[CQ-Contest] Techniques of Ye Olden Days -the first computer duped and scored entry

Marijan Miletic s56a at bit.si
Mon Sep 7 15:56:46 PDT 2009

I brought 8” disk with contest log to ARRL HQ in 1988 and I was told that it was the first electronic one they received.  Own PC and program used since 1984.

Few 8” disks later were not scored at CQ WW as I guess they didn’t know how to read text file with 64 chars QSO line.  Problem occured even at WRTC-96.

This post is dedicated to my historian K1DG ☺

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU

P.S.  Good op. should also know/learn insides of black radio boxes!