[CQ-Contest] Who Is the Oldest?

Alan Sewell N5NA alan.n5na at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 19:11:30 PDT 2009

A search of "QSO Party" in the QST archive turned up an announcement of
the West Virginia 3rd QSO Party on April 10, 1947.  That was in the
April, 1947, QST page 134.

There was an announcement of the 3rd PA QSO Party on September 19 & 20,
1959.  That was in the September, 1959, QST page 100.

There were a couple of announcements of ARRL QSO parties before that.
The Dakota Division had a QSO party in October, 1934.  The NNJ Section
had a QSO Party on two weekends in April & May, 1935.

73,

Alan  N5NA