[CQ-Contest] Texas QSO Party -- Putting on the Whole Enchilada

Chuck-NO5W no5w at consolidated.net
Mon Sep 21 16:26:20 PDT 2009

You've put some fish in the fridge from this past weekend's running of
the salmon and you're contemplating your strategy for capturing some
vino from a fine California vineyard in a couple of weeks. In the
meantime you can sharpen your county chasing skills in the Texas QSO
Party this weekend, September 26-27.

This year we're pleased to announce that Texas mobiles and fixed
stations will be serving up the whole enchilada. That's right, its a
virtual shoe-in  that all 254 counties will be on the air. Right now
we've got firm announcements for 251 of the 254 and the remaining three
are either near a metro area or near existing mobile routes that can be
tweaked. Right now we've got 20 mobiles scheduled to see Miles and Miles
of Texas with another five waiting in the wings to file a route plan.
You can see the existing route plans and county coverage here
<http://www.no5w.com/TQP2009_RoutePlans.html>.

So folks here at TxQP Headquarters are giving high fives all around in
anticipation of being able to offer you something we haven't offered in
several years and that's the challenge to work all 254 Texas counties in
a single weekend. Now that awesome feat has only been accomplished once
and that was more than two sunspot cycles ago (26 years to be exact)
when Jim (OJ) White K4OJ (SK) did it. It won't be easy and you'll need
to be agile with the frequency and mode and spend some time in the chair
cause in order to make their appointed rounds some of those mobiles will
only be in a county for 10-15 minutes. And to test your hearing we'll
have a QRP expedition to Culberson County again this year backpacking
into a campsite at the highest point in Texas.

Dates/Times:
    Session 1: 0900-2100 CDT Saturday September 26 (1400 UTC 9/26 - 0200
UTC 9/27)
    Session 2: 0900-1500 CDT Sunday September 27 (1400 UTC 9/27- 2000
UTC 9/27)

Exchange: Signal report + QTH

Additional Rules: See the TxQP website <http://www.txqp.net>

Who Will Be Where: See the route plans and county coverage page
<http://www.no5w.com/TQP2009_RoutePlans.html>

See you in the TxQP this weekend,

73/Chuck/NO5W
TxQP Coordinator