[CQ-Contest] Some days - MIQP

Charlie Gallo Charlie at TheGallos.com
Sat Apr 17 15:47:19 PDT 2010

Gah - Some days, you're the bug

I'm not all that serious a contester, but I enjoy playing.  For some reason, MIQP has always been a favorite, although I have not been able to play the last couple of years due to family commitments

Thursday, I upgraded my PC from Vista32 to Win7, and checked everything, and all SEEMED to work

11:00am EDT, I go to fire up the setup (Going to play in SOHP instead of LP for the 1st time), and guess what - N1MM won't talk to to the Microham Router

It seems that Router REALLY didn't like being upgraded from Vista32 to Win7 - I ended up having to uninstall router, go in and manually uninstall the USB Drivers, and start from scratch, then upgrade to the latest and greatest N1MM.  By the time I was done, it was around 2:00-2:30 (I could check my log, but)

I checked 20m, didn't hear a thing

Go down to 40m, did a bit of S&P, ran for a bit (lousy run - 3 QSOs.  Did I mention that I have a popgun station?  a DX-EE at 20ft, and a JV-Evans 17-80m with the high side at 30, and the low at about 8ft, SB-230 amp)

Usually, I get reports of "Big signal" into 8 land, but today, I was getting lots of reports of "You're in the noise"

Eventually just decided (after about 1 hour) that "Today just isn't my day" and turned off the rig - just could not take listening to the noise of the bands, and fighting to make a qso

--
73 de KG2V

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations,
pursuing invariably the same Object evinces
 a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism,
it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government,
 and to provide new Guards for their future security."

My Website: http://www.thegallos.com
My Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

If the opposite of "pro" is "con", then what's the opposite of "progress"?