[CQ-Contest] [Bulk] Re: From VO1DD re Interference with emergency traffic

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Wed Dec 1 06:30:34 PST 2010

On Nov 30, 2010, at 9:20 PM, Steve Lott wrote:

> Hmmmm
>
> Sorry you have no respect for all contesters
> I am sure there are at least a few contesters that have zero repect for you

I didn't get that at all from this fellow. And he wasn't just some net operator grousing about interference on a contest weekend. He had bona fide emergency traffic on frequency.

> However the majority of both groups respect others
> and I would hope you will not stereo type all contesters that want to play
> two or three times a year in their favorite contest
>
> Many of us do not have leasure time 14/7 365 dyas a year and therefore we
> pick a contest or two to play hard in
> does that make us bad in your mind ????
>
> By the way should a marintime vessel really rely only on amateur
> communications ???

Who knows. It may have been the only equipment working.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901