[CQ-Contest] SNS Time Change Thursday

Mike Wetzel mjwetzel at comcast.net
Wed Dec 1 07:30:58 PST 2010

Time change-TIME CHANGE

Start at 0230z this week.

Announcing the NCCC's (Northern California Contest Club) weekly Thursday
night running of the SNS.

Since SNS is a practice and we are trying hard to encourage newcomers,
please wait just a split second on jump balls (several stations answering a
CQ).  One thing I have noticed is that if a newcomer inherits a freq and
more then one station drop in their call, he is likely to be overwhelmed (we
all know what I mean) and not respond at all. If I hear another response to
a station inheriting the frequency I do not call (only SNS). Go ahead and
call if no station is heard.

Please keep your speed to between 18 to 26  WPM.  Suggest using 18WPM for
the first 10 minutes then increase as you see fit.

The Slow Speed NS practice is from 0230z to 0255z+ (Friday UTC, Thursday
local time).  That's starting at 10:30pm EDT, 9:30pm CDT, 8:30pm MDT and
7:30pm PDT, local time Thursday .

Frequencies:
20 m      14037-14043
40 m      7040-7047
80 m      3537-3543

POWER: 100 watt limit.

If you don't hear a CQ, send a CQ and don't worry about the couplet since
this is only practice and hopefully an introduction to sprints for newbies.
I think stations might answer a CQ more likely than call CQ themselves.
With that said remember that newbies are listening to get up the nerve to
jump in so don't hesitate to make Q's.  Also since this is only a practice
you can go past the 15 minute time suggestion.

NS 0300z to 0330z (See N6RO's announcement).

Sites to help everyone for sprint contests.

NS home website is:

http://www.ncccsprint.com/

http://www.contesting.com/articles/198

http://n6tr.jzap.com/sprint.html