[CQ-Contest] Frustration this weekend....

David Robbins k1ttt at verizon.net
Thu Dec 2 06:25:45 PST 2010

>Moreover, if you SET/NODX (or the equivalent)
>on the Cluster node, there will be an independent record to prove that
>while you were spotting, you were not *receiving* spots.

don't count on this... on ar-cluster the only record of that command would be in the debug files, since those get big quickly there are not usually kept around very long.  i don't know if other clusters keep records of stuff like that or not.

and of course this assumes that the log checker can find all the nodes that you might be connected to, even if you login with a fake callsign as at least one user was found to be doing this weekend....  That is one i didn't put in the spotting report but probably should have.  Another sysop contacted me asking me what to do with a user connection that logged in with a non-existant call.  While its possible that the call was issued friday but hadn't shown up in the on-line logs yet, it was doubly suspicious that it was a stateside call but the isp was from ontario.