[CQ-Contest] Wasting time??????

Jukka Klemola jpklemola at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 11:31:35 PST 2010

We are describing a situation where one station is running.
The others search&ponce the QSOs.

It is natural to optimise the pace at which to run.
Also, the way to search and pounce should be optimised.

In a competing situation the will usually is to run as fast as one can.
In case someone runs slower than the rivals, that someone is not
progressing the score as the peers do.

For the searching stations, they will also maximise the contact count
by making the contacts time-efficient.

But:
There are people who are not on the band to maximise the contact count.
Most are.

But:
even out of that contesting bunch, there are people with different
experience and skill levels.

Personally, I like the variety of people and their level of experteese
in the contests.
Sometimes when I happen to remember an old QSO with someone that was
new to contesting back then; and as I compare the pace to the QSO that
just went into our logs in less than five seconds, I know we both have
learned something in the time span between our QSOs.

Learning is !

During the next few decades my pace can only drop, I think.
And I know my pace will drop.

Contests are !

73,
Jukka OH6LI