[CQ-Contest] Wasting Time

Dale Putnam daleputnam at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 5 18:41:01 PST 2010

I wasted 12 hours this weekend, and there were so many times that MY time got wasted, folks moving in on top of MY run freq... and not listening.. making me repeat and repeat again... MY time is valuable.. so very valuable.. I wasted so much time this weekend....
 With 200Qs and 51 Mults... and nearly finishishing K2... hmmm... come to think of it... I coulda set out the whole entire contest, and saved all my time... to do something else... for that matter you coulda saved your time by not reading this...
And ... so it goes... to what end? If all we are about is saving time.... then ship all your radios to me, and go save time in a box... or closet... somewhere...  I choose the use my time to create, build, and enjoy life. IF I choose to spend my time in a contest.. then that is what I choose to do... yes, maximize the score, yet, one ponders.... if all the discussion about "saving time" were all that important... how is it that irriatating the rest of the community and setting a really bad example being a good fun time??????
Therefore comes the conclusion that being a bad example, and corrosive to the hobby is fun... please, lets be careful about how much "Fun" is had.... I'd like to enjoy, this hobby, in all its glory, not a downsized half .... version. k?

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy